Wednesday, June 17, 2020

10 years

Dear Cherry,

Yesterday was the 10th year, since you left us.

The pain is no longer as fresh but it will never go away.
I'd always remember that feeling that consumed me when Phil gave me that phone call.

The bursting into tears and heartbreak I felt.
That was the first time someone close to me passed.

I had so many thoughts, so many regrets, things that I thought I should have done differently when you were still around.

The parties we could have;
the inside jokes that we share;
the laughters we always share;
the music we loved.

And you shaking your head at all the relationships that I had.
And that last missed call you gave me before that trip.

And I never called you back because I thought it was nothing important. Who would have thought that would be the last time we can even speak to each other?
So many times I looked at my phone log, seeing your name on my missed call list.... knowing it'll never appear again.

If only.............

So many ifs.

But I also learnt to cherish important people around me, because I really don't want to live my life with regrets knowing there's so much more I could have done and didn't.

I miss you, till we meet again my fruity friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment