Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Food!

All my friends know I love to eat, and I can eat ALOT.
But because I need to watch my weight (le sigh....) I only get to enjoy sinful food once in awhile.
Regret to say though, my 'once in awhile' is not really ONCE IN AWHILE sometimes..
Heeeheee.... :p
Mommy always say I will become aneroxic. Seriously? That's the last thing she should ever worry about. I love food too much to be that way.
Even Yiru LOL-ed when I told her that. 
I'm such a glutton, I know~

Anyway just gonna post some photos of food that I made/ate for the past weeks/months I found in my phone.
I'm typing this entry during lunch hour with a piece of tissue stuffed up my left nostril because I'm having such a bad runny nose, I'm running out of tissue and my nose is peeling like crazy from all the rubbing.
I know I can post these pictures up without tempting myself because I have basically lost the 'cravings' that I always have right now.
Poor nose, poor peiyi. 
Recover soon! I want to enjoy all the good food that has been planned for this weekend cause it's my birthday week :D







Decided to try baking this strawberry cheesecake cupcake I found here.
Not as pretty as the one they baked (I'm still such a noob) and my cream cheese frosting is just totally out of shape (no shape actually)
I've had mixed reviews from people who tasted it.
Generally it was abit too oily.
Stupid me added more butter than the recipe asked for because I thought I needed more butter to make sure the crumbs below stick together. When I took the first batch out and ate it, the crumbs fell all over the place. I thought I needed butter so I added more, turned out actually because I ate the cupcake too quickly, should let it cool down first then they will set :/
Yiru said it's too sweet, she didn't like it. I remembered she gave a very painful face when she was eating the cupcake. Seriously I don't think it's that bad laaaaaaa.
Anyway at the end of the week, Momma threw quite a few away because no one ate it at home and the cupcakes became hard.
WTF such a failure T_T
But Victor said it's nice and he ate 3 in one shot BWAHAHAHA :D!
I shall bake these for myself next time, I actually liked them alot!

Duck Confit from Saveur at Far East Plaza. 
Headed there for lunch after my medical checkup with Bryan whom went the same time as me.
He introduced this to me and we ordered other stuff like Mushroom Cappuccino, Foie gras, and a dessert I can't remember the name.
I liked all of them but not the Foie gras, too oily :s
Thanks Bryan for the treat! Okay I treated him the dessert cause I was the one who wanted to eat it then he just share with me cause he said he don't like desserts.

YUMMMMY Strawberry Shortcake from a cafe in Sunset Way (don't remember the cafe name already)
Was contemplating between their waffles ice cream and this for damn long. Only can choose 1 :(
It's very different from other Strawbie shortcakes I had, but it's very yummy and light!
Now I want to have some really nice waffles... Like the one from Wimbly Lu's
*SLURPSSSS*


Ah hem made this sandwich myself after reading online from a site that teaches you how to make a toast in a hostel where time and equipments are limited, added some other ingredients myself to make it MY WAY. Yumzzzzzz. Bacon was abit too salty though I washed it before cooking it already.
I still owe Victor this sandwich which I promised to make earlier oops ;p


Baked Banana muffins! It's not as springy as the muffins you get outside but at least it didn't taste like "Kueh" which happened the last time I attempted to bake muffins.
This was quite a success other than the part that I cut down the amount of sugar stated in the recipe by 40% cause recipes online (especially from Western countries) are always super sweet.
Turned out I didn't add enough sugar (though I added more bananas cause it's naturally sweet) and it wasn't sweet enough.
But this time Yiru liked this better, maybe because she's a health freak so she preferred it not-so-sweet.
Phil the pig think it's not sweet enough cause she's a pig :D
And this time, the family finished up the muffins!
Gonna bake more of this soon when I'm free.


HAHA some healthy cookies I tried to make.
Using just rolled oats and bananas.
I baked this because I always crave for cookies or something sweet and I can't keep eating all the chocolates and biscuits if not I'll get diabetes or become FAT.
This is a good alternative. I tried making another kind of cookie with just grounded almond, egg whites and honey which tasted not bad.
Too bad no one would appreciate these kind of cookies, so I didn't really let anyone eat them.
Other than Yiru of course, and she liked it cause it's healthier. 
Still gonna be baking them soon.

Errrm found this in my room, so I just opened it and ate it.
It was given by my ex when I was preparing for exams, it was too cute so I didn't bear to eat it.
But it's gonna expire soon so........
just take a photo for keepsake.

Andddddd this from De Burg! The best burger I've eaten so far in my lifeeeeeeeeee.
10000X better than Carls Junior, so juicy and it even has a spread of Nutella on it.
I'm so craving for it right now, though the tissue is still up in my nostril as I'm typing this.
I don't think I'll ever get sick of eating this :')


Okay that's all for the food post.
Getting back to work with my manly voice already.

I noticed I've been more active in cooking recently, maybe in an attempt to eat healthier too.
I find it quite therapeutic when I bake, the feeling of mixing the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl with my spatula, then adding in the dry ingredients, and watching the batter turn into awesome cakes and the smell that fills up my kitchen, feels good :))

Soooooooo Mommy asked what do I want for my birthday this year.
I was thinking of getting a bicycle because I really want to ride a bicycle to explore around but they say my room got no space to put a bicycle.
Or a new pair of trainers, or a new set of workout attire, or some weights...
But in the end, I've decided on a FOOD PROCESSOR!

Imma so excited thinking about all the things I can do with the food processor!
I can grind my own oat flour and make better texture healthy cookies/pancakes,
I can make almond milk, I can slice zucchini for pasta substitution, I can make cauliflower mash to substitute rice.
So many things to explore!
Best birthday present ever this year!

Err no.
Best birthday present this year would be me being healthy and okay,
and passing the medical check and start flying next year :D

#prayforpeiyi

BYE!



No comments:

Post a Comment