Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Age

So over the weekend, I took some time out to clear abit of my wardrobe to give to Xiao Yu, a family friend, who's a volunteer at the poorer side of Batam. 

I contacted her and asked if she knew of any organization which would love to take in preloved clothes and give it to the needy directly as I didn't quite like The Salvation Army's idea of selling them and take the cash to donate - what if nobody buys them? And she told me she can give to them directly as she'll be heading down from 6th - 7th July. So I had to quickly pack the clothes and give it to her on that weekend cause I would not have the time (or rather, my dad's transport) to meet her on the weekdays.

I had alot of Tees as I was working in South Asia that time, as a Service Engineer (Technician laaa dey) so I always buy T-shirts for work. Like 3 for $20 from pushcarts/Bugis street. That explains why my spending was so low during that period cause I don't shop alot :/ Not until I got an office job. HAIZ.

So my wardrobe was basically stuffed with the T-shirts/Jeans and the constant incoming apparels I am still buying :(

SO I CLEARED SOME OF IT!



Filtering them out! My room really needs salvation.


Anyway. In the end I still have alot of t-shirts on hand now because I couldn't bear to give some away - those are with really cute prints and I keep feeling I still wanna wear them.

I am a hoarder. That explains why my room is forever so messy. Cause I never bear to throw them away and keep thinking they'll come in handy in the future. See even my pillow is so old/yellow. I've been using it since young LOL.

ANYWAYYYYYY.
So I was clearing, and I got 2 skater skirts I wanted to give away to my friends (too short for me)
So I whatsapp Phil and asked if she wanted them. She's the only friend I know who wears skater skirts.
She asked me which one. As I felt that taking a photo of the skirt lying on the floor does not bring justice to the pretty skirt, so I went to my old photos and sent her a photo of me wearing it last CNY.









































PHIL: When was this?
ME: Last CNY.
PHIL: OMG. WTF (I remembered her saying 'WTF' LOL) I thought 18!

MAJOR :(((((((((((((((((

I changed so much in one year!!!!!!

My skin became duller, my eyes became tired-looking.
And there's just something wrong, though I can't point out what exactly.

We concluded the problem definitely lies in my hair.
I had black hair and shorter fringe previously.
And we both agree I looked more tired now :(
Not funny leh. One year and I looked like I aged for 5 years at least?!

Could be due to my office job - constant staring of the computer the whole day, sitting down.

My previous job required me to move alot, walking from workshop to warehouse, to office, to hospitals. Hardly at the desk staring at the computer.

Maybe?

So she asked me to sleep earlier (Yes working on it now!) and try not to workout so hard.
Because I'm already tired from work on weekdays and I try to do very intense workout at least 4 days a week. 

Example: Insanity, kickboxing, and long distance running.

Not inclusive of my weekly swim.

But I feel uncomfortable when I don't sweat or workout for a day leh :/
Is this a disease?
Obsessed with weightloss.. LOL. But one thing fo' sure. I need to sleep more and stop stressing over when am I going to lose weight!
I asked a friend who is a fitness instructor about weightloss and he told me stress is a factor too. 
So... maybe that's what's blocking me.
BLAH.

Anyways, I dished out more old photos (I don't even consider them 'OLD' actually...) taken just last year January-February.
My my my........
I better do something soon!














I'm thinking of having my hair go black again (After having brown hair for the past 6 months...) cause stupid Barney says my hair colour makes me older. Zzzz. But! They say once you dye it black, you can't do any colour on it anymore unless you bleach it. What if I change my mind a few months later and want a dye job?

Maybe I should just do what I want right now. Consequences shall be faced when it comes.

I doubt I'll be able to be those who age 'gracefully'. I'm not even abit 'graceful' to start with LOL :D

Short rant here - Stupid right knees gave me abit of a problem again after my 10km run 2 days ago.. And stubborn Peiyi did Insanity (Pure Cardio) last night and woke up to knee pains in both side and muscle ache.

I don't think being SORE is good, at ALL. It just means I didn't warmup/cooldown enough?
That's what I heard.

No more intense workout for now.
Time for recovery and low impact ones :D

OMGOMGOMG PERHANTIAN TRIP NEXT WEEK WITH YIRU AND DAVID!
Finally after so much researching for a place to stay, we had no choice but to choose Coral View and we saw on TripAdvisor that they have cockroaches and lizards in the room/toilet
:(
Hope that wouldn't kill my excitement for the search of my sea turtles and baby sharks!
Which I didn't manage to find on my last beach holiday at Redang.

And yaaaaa I'm like the odd one out tagging along with a couple for a beach holiday.
What to do?
Shits happen. I'll just flow with it.

YOLO v('_')v !!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment