Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Why?

I always thought I was healthy, all my friends go "Don't worry lah you so healthy!" when I told them I'm worried for my medical checkup, especially the one for Scoliosis.

So I made arrangements to have my back fixed abit just before the check so I could smooth through it. I thought everything would be fine, I was more confident.

"You have a goiter"
My heart sank and the excitement that I had for the past few days just dissolved away.

What's a goiter? How is it gonna affect me when I fly?
Nope, they won't tell you. If they think you're not fit to fly, you're not fit to fly.
No asking why, no asking if there's anything you can do to improve that they give you one more chance.

So for the next instant, I was given a blood test and sent for ultrascanning at my throat area.

Then I received a call the next day.
"Hi this is calling from Shenton Medical on behalf of SIA. Your ultrascan result is out and the finalizing doctor would like to talk to you"

Another sleepless night I guess. Haven't been sleeping well the past few days ever since the first day interview.

I can only pray and hope for a miracle now.

That the doctor will tell me, I just need to take a few medications and it will go down... That's the only positive one I can cling on to..

The rest of the options, I don't want to explore.

Please.... I'm so close to my dreams........ Just one more.
I haven't failed so many times to come here and tell me my body condition (which can be healed properly) forbids me to reach my dreams...

Everyone's proud and happy for me when they knew I passed all the interviews.

This is what I want, what I dreamt of, what I worked hard for......

I need good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment